Loading ...

What do I communicate to students? | Academic Continuity

Home » Spaces » Academic Continuity » forum » Action plan » What do I communicate to students?
Academic Continuity

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Action plan

What do I communicate to students?

Subscribe to RSS
  • What do I communicate to students?

• Answered

Timely communication to students through Learn@Seneca course announcements is important to ensure students know what to do and to answer questions that arise.

• Send an announcement to students informing them of the changes to course delivery.

Sample announcement:

Due to [event], classes will be held remotely until further notice. During this time, please consult Learn@Seneca regularly for instructions and class activities. You are expected to keep up with the modified learning schedule for this course. You may send your questions to [enter your Seneca email address or name and email of an alternative contact person].

• Be explicit about any changes to lessons, activities, or assignments. Post a modified addendum to your Learn@Seneca course site.
    • Clearly communicate participation expectations and requirements to students
    • Provide contact information, check email regularly, and set aside virtual office hours.
    • Consider creating a discussion forum in your course to answer questions.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)