Loading ...

What data does the Duo Mobile App collect from my device? | IT Services for Employees

Home » Spaces » IT Services for Employees » forum » Duo Security - General - Frequently Asked Questions » What data does the Duo Mobile App collect from my device?
IT Services for Employees

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Duo Security - General - Frequently Asked Questions

What data does the Duo Mobile App collect from my device?

Subscribe to RSS
  • What data does the Duo Mobile App collect from my device?

• Answered

Duo Mobile requires only limited device data permissions to help make authentication easier for you.  Duo Mobile CANNOT see your user data such as your contacts, read your text messages, access your photos or files, erase your device or see information about other applications on your device. Several of the data permissions are optional and are provided for your convenience, such as access to your camera to read a QR installation code, and permission to allow push notifications.

Data about the security properties of your device are collected at the time of login to determine whether your device meets Seneca’s policies. In general, these security properties are yes/no values, such as whether your phone has a biometric control enabled (fingerprint or face recognition), whether your device is jailbroken or otherwise in a compromised state, whether your phone has a screen lock, and whether the device’s storage is encrypted. Duo Mobile also collects some specific values, like the version of your operating system (i.e. iOS14.0.1, or Android 13), and the version of Duo Mobile (i.e. 4.45.0.0).

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)