All bags/backpacks, jackets and outdoor footwear must be stored in a locker.
1. Which facilities are reopening?
Newnham Fitness Centre and Gymnasium, King Fitness Centre and Gymnasium, S@Y Fitness Centre and Gymnasium, Markham Fitness Centre.
2. How do I gain access to exercise or play basketball?
Please complete our registration form (available on the website, via the link in our IG bio, or in person). Remember, that only fully vaccinated staff and students are permitted on campus. Please ensure that you have uploaded your proof of vaccination to the SenecaSafe App, and you complete the Covid-19 Self Assessment prior to visiting campus.
3. How much does it cost to register?
Registration at this time is free.
4. Why do I have to register?
We need your information for contact tracing in case of a positive case, as well in case of emergencies.
5. Can I bring my friend/family member?
Only full time Seneca students and staff are able to use our facilities.
6. Do I have to wear a mask while exercising?
7. Are the showers available for use?
Yes. Showers and change rooms are available for use.
8. What is appropriate athletic clothing/attire?
We highly recommend track pants, athletic pants, shorts, athletic tights, t-shirts and tank tops. Anything type of clothing which may get caught in or damage equipment in the fitness centres like jeans should not be worn.
9. What are considered athletic shoes?
Any shoe with a rubber non marking sole. Shoes which may damage the flooring or equipment like high heels, boots etc cannot be worn.
10. Are there personal trainers available?
Unfortunately, not at this time. But we do have knowledgeable staff working in the fitness centres who can assist you with any questions you may have.
11. Do I need to bring my own equipment like a basketball if I want to visit the gymnasium?
No, we do have basketballs available to borrow.
12. Will you have organized activities like intramurals and fitness classes running?
At this time, no.
13. Can I use Newnham, King facilities and S@Y facilities?
Yes! You can use any of the facilities at this time. You do not have to fill out another registration form to visit another campus.
14. How can stay updated on new programming, hour changes etc?
Either visit the website or follow us on IG: